Content of the material
- How to become eating competent
- When the joy goes out of eating, nutrition suffers
- Consider the evidence-based Satter Eating Competence Model (ecSatter)
- Respect and trust your body’s wisdom
- Your eating will fall into place
- 5. Sonic enhanced grandma’s cakes ― Using sound to alter taste
- 4. Bananas
- How to Eat Oats Raw
- Final Thoughts
- The Fabulousness of Fiber: Why It’s Critical for Gut Health
- Can You Eat Raw Tofu and How to Eat Raw Tofu!
- 5 Foods To Eat That Make Your Vagina Taste and Smell Better for Oral Sex
- 1. Pineapple or Pineapple Juice
- 2. Cinnamon
- 3. Celery
- 4. Yogurt
- 5. Cranberries or Cranberry Juice
- What is normal eating?
- Written in 1983 by Ellyn Satter
- If you’re a coach, or you want to be…
- Change Your Diet Without Feeling Deprived
- 4. Gmo food
- Courtesy of
- Why does your vagina taste like it does?
- Post navigation
How to become eating competent
Eating competence is sensible, sustainable, and good for you. Have rewarding, regular, and reliable meals, pay attention while you eat, and eat what and how much you want. You will enjoy eating, do better nutritionally, and be healthier.
When the joy goes out of eating, nutrition suffers
- Roughly half of today’s consumers who know about “official” dietary guides say they ”don’t really follow the rules.”
- Fewer and fewer people say they enjoy eating.
- If they follow the rules they later reward themselves with “forbidden” food.
- Only 20% of consumers get their five-a-day of fruits and vegetables, and overweight is a major concern.
Consider the evidence-based Satter Eating Competence Model (ecSatter)
- Feel positive about your eating.
- Be reliable about feeding yourself.
- Eat food you enjoy.
- Eat as much as you are hungry for.
Respect and trust your body’s wisdom
- Your hunger and your drive to survive.
- Your appetite and natural need for pleasure.
- Your enjoyment from sharing good food with others.
- Your tendency to maintain your own best weight.
Your eating will fall into place
- Being able to eat the foods you enjoy in satisfying amounts gives your eating order and reliability.
- Foods you no longer have to eat become enjoyable foods that you can eat for pleasure.
- Foods that are no longer forbidden became ordinary foods that you eat moderately.
- Large portion sizes won’t make you overeat. You can eat it all if you are hungry enough, not if you aren’t.
5. Sonic enhanced grandma’s cakes ― Using sound to alter taste
A recent study under the awesome name “A bittersweet symphony- Evidence for taste-sound correspondences without effects on taste quality-specific perception.” led by by scientists at Oxford University explored how listening to different background sounds can change the way you perceive taste.
The name comes from the fact that participants perceived food as more bitter or more sweat depending on the sounds they were exposed to.
The researchers are not yet sure what’s exactly happening in the brain and why our perception changes.
It’s definitely an exciting discovery, and implications are currently being tested.
Worldwide, lots of chefs and companies started experimenting with sounds and background music, and the experiments range from making food healthier by reducing sugar to making food feel more fresh. (21)
So who knows, maybe we’ll start seeing QR codes for playlists on our food packaging.
And this, leads to our next chapter.
Finally, Something for vegetarians. A fruit! Bananas not only taste good, but they are also rich in the compounds potassium and tryptophan, making them one of the best foods to eat at night.
Tryptophan, as earlier stated, is an essential protein that plays a role in relaxation. Some bananas before meals can improve the quality of your sleep. Plus, they contain vitamins and are rich in antioxidants. They also contain compounds that are capable of making bowel movements easier.
How to Eat Oats Raw
Oats are a highly popular breakfast staple that could be served cooked or raw.
Actually, preparing oats for consumption includes slight heat and moisture treatment. However, it doesn’t change the oats too much to the point that they wouldn’t be considered raw.
It’s preferable to eat raw oats after soaking them for a little while in milk, juice, or water. This makes the oats more digestible and decreases their phytic acid content. We aren’t too keen on phytic acid as it could block the absorption of healthy minerals, like iron and zinc.
Oats are considered among the healthy foods that could contribute to weight loss in a good way. In addition to lowering bad cholesterol, improving blood sugar, and adding fibre for proper gut functionality.
Among the popular ways you could incorporate raw oats into your diet is adding them to smoothies, yogurt, or making overnight-oats.
When you’re trying to lose weight, it’s essential to plan quick and healthy snack ideas into your day. Choose any of the above, and mix and match to keep your diet interesting each day. Diets don’t have to be boring or bland; you just need a bit of creativity to help you reach your goals.
The Fabulousness of Fiber: Why It’s Critical for Gut Health
While people tend to get up in arms about protein consumption, there’s another nutrient that’s more worrisome as far as deficiency risk: fiber.
Approximately 97% of Americans get at least the recommended amount of protein. But only about 3% of Americans get the recommended 40 grams of fiber they need per day — and fiber is the most crucial ingredient for gut health.
Fiber feeds the good bacteria we’ve been talking about, so it’s vital to eat fiber-rich foods as often as possible.
Our microbes extract the fiber’s energy, nutrients, and vitamins, including short-chain fatty acids, which can improve immune function, decrease inflammation, and protect against obesity.
Can You Eat Raw Tofu and How to Eat Raw Tofu!
Tofu is often used with other foods, or on its own, but cooked and seasoned heavily. So if you’re wondering if tofu could be eaten raw? The answer is that it’s technically not raw to start with!
Tofu is made from soybeans, which are soaked, boiled, then processed into soy milk. The milk is then mixed with thickeners that transform it into tofu. However, if we consider uncooked tofu as raw food, then we might explore the possibilities a bit further.
It’s not uncommon to use tofu crumbles in salads or to use tofu cubes as side dishes. It’s also a versatile ingredient in smoothies, salsas, and as a base for ice cream.
The probability that tofu could cause food born illnesses isn’t too high. Yet, a bit of caution should be practiced. Especially for groups that haven’t developed their immune systems fully, like infants. Pregnant women and senior citizens should also be careful with eating raw tofu.
5 Foods To Eat That Make Your Vagina Taste and Smell Better for Oral Sex
1. Pineapple or Pineapple Juice
The vagina is acidic. Eating pineapple or drinking pineapple juice, as well as other citrus fruits like oranges or grapefruit, helps to balance its delicate pH balance and add a bit of sweetness to those secretions.
The pH balance of semen is alkaline, so eating acidic fruits will help make it taste sweeter. Because pineapple has more acidity than other citrus fruits, it works the best out of all of them.
Cinnamon, which is an alkaline spice, neutralizes the acidic taste of the vagina. It’s also mildly antibiotic, and there’s some evidence that it can help treat an active yeast infection. Better vaginal balance means better taste.
There’s a popular myth going around that goes like this: if a guy eats cinnamon, his semen will taste like cinnamon. This is true, to an extent. It won’t make semen taste like cinnamon gum, but people says it sweetens the taste. Hey, it works for your breath, right?
Don’t like cinnamon? Cardamom, peppermint, or lemon are also believed to do the trick.
Because celery is high in water and Vitamin C, it works wonders to reduce any bitter taste the vagina may have. Vitamin C is very effective in restoring the ecology of vaginal bacteria and promoting the growth of healthy flora.
That said, if your smell or taste seem really off, drop the celery stick, skip the oral and head to the doctor, as that can mean infection.
Celery, as well as parsley and wheatgrass, has a high chlorophyll content. That’s believed to help sweeten the taste of semen along with just about anything else that grows and doesn’t stink.
Yogurt must contain active live cultures to neutralize the taste of the vagina.
Eating one four-ounce serving of yogurt a day helps add probiotics to the body and maintain a healthy balance of good bacteria in your nether regions. That means minimal taste and odor, not to mention better health.
On the flip side, research suggests men should avoid yogurt. It may work well for the ladies, but yogurt and other dairy products are said to negatively affect the taste of semen. A study out of Harvard University also found that high consumption of high-fat dairy products can reduce sperm quality.
5. Cranberries or Cranberry Juice
Cranberry juice naturally counters bacteria in the urinary tract system. It also helps keep pH levels balanced, which is good for keeping things from getting funky down below.
Cranberry juice increases the body’s acidity, which helps balance the alkalinity of semen. As a result, eating cranberries can reduce the saltiness of semen and sweeten it a bit.
While the foods listed above may help your vagina taste or smell better, there are others that can make It taste or smell worse.
What is normal eating?
Written in 1983 by Ellyn Satter
- Normal eating is Eating Competence. It is going to the table hungry and eating until you are satisfied.
- It is being able to choose food you enjoy and eat it and truly get enough of it – not just stop eating because you think you should.
- Normal eating is being able to give some thought to your food selection so you get nutritious food, but not being so wary and restrictive that you miss out on enjoyable food.
- Normal eating is giving yourself permission to eat sometimes because you are happy, sad or bored, or just because it feels good.
- Normal eating is mostly three meals a day, or four or five, or it can occasionally be choosing to munch along the way.
- It is leaving some cookies on the plate because you know you can have some again tomorrow, or it is eating more now because they taste so wonderful.
- Normal eating is overeating at times, feeling stuffed and uncomfortable. And it can be undereating at times and wishing you had more.
- Normal eating is trusting your body to make up for your mistakes in eating. Normal eating takes up some of your time and attention, but keeps its place as only one important area of your life.
- In short, normal eating is flexible. It varies in response to your hunger, your schedule, your proximity to food and your feelings.
If you’re a coach, or you want to be…
You can help people build nutrition and lifestyle habits that improve their physical and mental health, bolster their immunity, help them better manage stress, and get sustainable results. We’ll show you how.
If you’d like to learn more, consider the PN Level 1 Nutrition Coaching Certification.
Change Your Diet Without Feeling Deprived
It’s fine to enjoy an occasional doughnut or steak, but when unhealthy diet decisions outweigh good ones, you’re setting yourself up for potential health problems down the road. To help you stay on track while still occasionally indulging in your favorite foods, consider a few simple shifts:
Change your shopping habits. Fill your list primarily with fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meats and fish, and whole grains. A rule of thumb is to shop the perimeter of the grocery store, avoiding prepackaged or processed foods. When in doubt, always choose the option with the least number of ingredients.
Choose flavorful substitutions and replacements. Replace butter with olive oil when cooking or baking. Substitute sugar and salt with dried herbs or spices. Consider fresh or frozen fruit as a dessert alternative instead of cakes or pies.
Find moderation and balance. Reduce portion sizes and rebalance your meal plate, prioritizing fiber-rich vegetables and lean proteins that keep you feeling satisfied. Choose carbohydrates with low glycemic index (GI) ratings to keep blood sugar from spiking. Eating more slowly not only helps with digestion, but you’ll feel full faster and eat less overall.
With these easy steps, plus a regular exercise or fitness routine, you’ll keep your body healthy, process your food properly and still be able to enjoy a guilt-free slice of birthday cake.
4. Gmo food
But before we jump into a conclusion and rise our guards, it’s important to get a better understanding of what GMO’s are, and what are the cons and pros of gene modification.
GMO’s have been around for thousands of years.
Selective breeding allowed us to pass on desired genes to the next generation, making the genes become more pronounced.
It is this process that allowed our ancestor farmers to produced bigger and better yields, and have better pets and livestock.
Through thousands of years, loyal wolves became dogs, watermelons became sweet, and small grass seeds became juicy corn that we love to throw on the grill.
But what’s different now? Why is this subject raising so much controversy?
Check it out in the video below.
This amazing animation video s a perfect sumup of the subject.
No matter if you’re pro or con GMOs, genetic engineering is here to stay.
We believe that in the future, we will definitely see more and more GM foods.
Why does your vagina taste like it does?
Many different factors contribute to the way your vagina tastes: your sweat, the breathability of your underwear, the laundry detergent you use, how clean you keep things down there, and what you eat. Where you are in your menstrual cycle matters, too. When you have your period, the iron in your menstrual blood will make your vagina taste more metallic, while during ovulation you’re likely to have a bit of a musky taste and scent.
Of course, good hygiene is just a matter of sexual etiquette, but if you have a hunch that your partner would rather slurp down a foie gras smoothie than perform oral sex on you, you might want to try modifying your diet to see if that changes thing up.
Previously13 Wonderfully Healing Drinks You Should Be Sipping — Especially When You’re Sick
Up Next Arsenic In Rice: How Concerned Should You Be?