Content of the material
- Style Quiz Explained for the Beginners
- Find Your Dreamy Style in 7 Steps (According to Experts)
- Step #1: Document your outfits
- Step #2: Stick to a color scheme
- Step #3: Assess your wardrobe
- Step #4: Identify your body type
- Step #5: List out your daily activities
- Step #6: Define your comfort level
- Step #7: Try different styles
- Sensitive Personality Style
- Self-Confident Personality Style
- Want to Learn More About Unleashing Your Inner Fashionista?
- Tan France
Style Quiz Explained for the Beginners
A style quiz or fashion test is a set of questions about your body and personality to discover your style. The goal is not to reveal your current clothing taste. Instead, the aesthetic style quiz identifies what type of outfits and wear that suit you.
You might see many fashion types trending these days. And that makes it hard to choose your personal favorite. But the style quiz helps you figure out which of the designs matches your physic and character.
The test includes the following trending topics:
- Rocker Look
- Artistic Fashion
Find Your Dreamy Style in 7 Steps (According to Experts)
If you do not trust our style quiz, that is fine; here is another idea. According to Dearly Bethany, you can identify your fashion type through the following steps.
Step #1: Document your outfits
First of all, you should know what you are already wearing. So, it is best to take a picture of your outfits for a certain period (e.g., 1 month). Then analyze those images, trying to figure out what is your go-to style.
Step #2: Stick to a color scheme
As Dearly emphasizes, anything more than five is not okay when it comes to color schemes. So, based on your pictures and wardrobe, eliminate off-the-scheme colors and stick to your top five hues.
Step #3: Assess your wardrobe
Now, you have to see what you got! Dearly says, “get rid of stuff you are never going to wear.” That is one way to discover your true style.
Step #4: Identify your body type
Buying dresses for your body is a form of art. You should know what type of physical shape you have to make better decisions. (Use the body type table above to figure that out).
Step #5: List out your daily activities
It is important to know what kind of places you go in your daily life. That is because knowing your style is not enough to wear the best dresses. You have to dress up based on the events and places you go to.
Step #6: Define your comfort level
How casual, formal, or stylish would you like to look? Answering such questions helps you discover your fashion style easier.
Step #7: Try different styles
Do not stick to one method or technique. Try new things and see how each fits your lifestyle. Sometimes, a combined style is the best option for you. But you would never know if you didn’t try anything new.
Sensitive Personality Style
- Do you prefer the known to the unknown? Are you comfortable with habit, repetition, and routine?
- Do you care deeply about what other people think of you?
- Do you behave with deliberate discretion in your dealings with others?
- Do you take care to maintain a courteous, self-restrained demeanor?
- Do you function best in settings where you know your role?
- Are you reluctant to share your inner thoughts and feelings with others?
Self-Confident Personality Style
- Do you believe in yourself and your abilities? Do you believe that you are unique and special?
- Do you expect others to treat you well at all times?
- Are you open about your aspirations and possibilities?
- Are you able to take advantage of the strengths and abilities of other people?
- Are you an able competitor, focused on getting to the top?
- Do you identify with people of high rank and status?
- Are you able to visualize yourself as the hero, the star, the best in your role, or the most accomplished in your field?
- Do you have a keen awareness of your own thoughts and feelings?
- Can you accept compliments, praise, and admiration gracefully and with self-possession?
Want to Learn More About Unleashing Your Inner Fashionista?
Get a MasterClass Annual Membership and let Tan France be your very own style spirit guide. Queer Eye’s fashion guru spills everything he knows about building a capsule collection, finding a signature look, understanding proportions, and more (including why it’s important to wear underwear to bed)—all in a soothing British accent, no less.
Queer Eye cohost Tan France breaks down the principles of great style, from building a capsule wardrobe to looking pulled together every day.Explore the Class