Content of the material
Massage Tips for Getting Ready
How to set your massage up for success.
✓ Set the mood right
Make sure it’s comfortably warm, and play some relaxing music.
…If you can.
Realistically, Kim and I will continue giving each other lots of massages while watching mindless stuff on TV.
✓ Don’t use too much oil, and don’t pour it straight on them
Massaging isn’t oil wrestling. Too much oil is messy and makes for too much slipping and not enough pressing. You do need more oil if you’re massaging a hairy person, but less than you think.
And rather than pour cold oil onto your partner’s bare skin, rub the massage oil between your hands to heat it up before applying it.
✓ Don’t do it on the bed*
Giving massages on a bed, which Kim and I used to do, has three downsides:
- Strain on the massage-giver. You can’t get in the right position to comfortably give massages and moving around is harder.
- Strain on the massage-getter. A too-soft surface puts the spine in a bad position that’s made worse when applying pressure.
- It’s less effective. You can’t exert as much pressure and control it as well when someone’s on such a soft surface.
A massage table is ideal, but also a bit of an eyesore and space-taker at home. Do leg massages lying on the floor and back and shoulder massages on a chair (facing it, Britney Spears-style, with a pillow between your chest and the backrest).
*Unless you sleep on the floor, like Kim and I have fallen into. On that note, the pressure of a hard sleeping surface is sort of like getting a massage from gravity!
Pour Massage Oil With the Hand
Get one teaspoon of oil on your palm, which is roughly the dimensions of 1 / 4. Heat it by rubbing it between your hands before applying it to the person.
Edible oils to use are organic copra oil, grape seed oil, jojoba oil, or expressed almond oil.
There are many expensive and exclusive massage oils on the market you’ll try too.
3. Simple Back Massage
Back massage can be done without any training at all; it is one of the easiest tissue stimulating massages. Everybody likes a good back rub. To give one, study this detailed guide on how to do it (with pictures included). Besides providing some good relaxation, this type of a massage provides some of the following health benefits:
- Thanks to the back massage, you might get rid of the lower back pain. After a long day at the office, your muscles are most likely to be tense, so once you go home, even a quick back massage can help you remove or reduce the annoying lower back pain.
- If you have a problem with migraines, an upper back massage can help you get rid of them. Basically, any pain that is located on your back can be easily removed or reduced with this kind of massage.
Have the Person lie Face Down
If you’ve got a correct massage table, this suggests the person’s face will rest within the face cradle.
If it’s comfortable for the person, you’ll also use a pillow or folded towel beneath the ankles that may support the person’s lower back.
Give These Massage Tips a Try!
Give these massage tips a try to impress your partner with your professional pressing and earn yourself some brownie points. (Or subtly send them the link so they can up their game.) And let us know in the comments if you have any questions.
Better yet, see if you can’t find an expert like Maristha in your area to give you some in-person massage tips.
8. Hot Stone Massage
An interesting fact about stone massage is that the early Native Americans used it to treat their aching muscles. In this type of a massage, hot stones are placed on your body. The heat of these stones plays a major role in this therapy because their heat will warm up some of your tight muscles, and the therapists will be able to work with them much better.
By getting this massage, not only will you be released of additional stress and feel relaxed, but it may also help you to fight with some of the symptoms of anxiety disorders and depression. The important thing to know is that if you have diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, or you are on some medications that thin your blood, you should avoid getting the hot stone massage. To perform this technique of therapy, special rocks and equipment are needed, of course.
- 12 Sex Positions To Help You Last Longer In Bed (With Images)
- 50 Best Sex Toys For Couples
- 21 Best Foreplay Tips For Men
- Health Benefits Of Sex: For Men, For Women, For Both
- 10 Things That’s Causing Bad Sex & How To Fix It (Men’s Guide)