Content of the material
- What is the best lettuce to make this Low-carb Lettuce Wrap Sandwich?
- Sandwich Decoration Ideas For Kids
- 21. Easy Egg Wraps for Breakfast
- Storage Tips
- Meat Sandwich Recipes For Kids
- 16. Cold Cut Sandwich
- 17. Grilled Turkey And Parmesan Sandwich
- 18. Bacon Lettuce Tomato Sandwich
- 19. Pickled Tuna Salad Sandwich
- 27. Mexican Quinoa Wraps
What is the best lettuce to make this Low-carb Lettuce Wrap Sandwich?
I’ve made this wrap sandwich with lots of different types of lettuces and for this reason I can say that all green lettuces will work such as romaine lettuce, collard and kale (without the stems), butter lettuce and Iceberg lettuce. But I think the Iceberg lettuce is the best.
In my opinion, the Iceberg holds well, it’s crunchy and crispy and it’s not very tough to eat raw like kale or collards are.
Sandwich Decoration Ideas For Kids
No matter how tasty sandwich is, you cannot make your kids eat it unless you make it look appealing. Decorating sandwiches can seem like a task, but it needn’t be. We have a few easy sandwich decoration ideas you can try to make food more likable by kids.
- Make a simple face on the sandwich using marinara sauce or even ketchup.
- If you are making an open face sandwich, arrange the toppings to make a smiley face. For example, you can use olives or raisins for eyes, carrot sticks as nose, and a cherry or strawberry for the mouth or lips.
- An easy way to make sandwiches interesting is to use a shape-sandwich cutter to create uniquely shaped sandwiches your child would like. You can also hand-carve simple shapes like a plane, a star, or a heart using a knife.
- When making a cream cheese cucumber sandwich, you could place the cucumber slices on the sides, like ears, and throw in olives for eyes and nose.
- Try to use different fruits instead of one variety in a sandwich. That makes the sandwich more colorful.
Sandwich decoration need not take extra time or money. All you need to do is use whatever fillings you have in a creative way.
21. Easy Egg Wraps for Breakfast
While the word ‘breakfast’ is in the name, these egg wraps make for the perfect little snack any time of day.
Since these wraps are packed with protein, they’re the perfect snack for your growing kids or anyone in your family who’s trying to add a little more nutrition to their diet.
It’s hard to pin down just one secret ingredient because these can be packed with any filling or seasoning you like.
Our favorites include turkey, sour cream, basil, and paprika. The secret ingredient is whatever you deem to be, as the eggs provide the base. Either way, it’s a recipe you and everyone in your family will love.
This lettuce wrap is best enjoyed fresh. You can make this the night before for lunch the next day if you wish. I recommend making it as close to eating as possible as the lettuce can wilt after a while as it has mayo and mustard on it. It’s similar to how you shouldn’t add dressing to a salad if you are making it ahead of time. This is not a freezer friendly recipe due to the lettuce so I do not recommend freezing it.
Meat Sandwich Recipes For Kids
When you want to add more protein to your child’s diet, add meat to their sandwiches. Here is our list of tasty and easy sandwich recipes for kids.
16. Cold Cut Sandwich
This is the recipe to mini Reuben sandwiches made from corned beef cold cuts, sauerkraut, and Swiss cheese.
You will need:
- 1 pound corned beef cold cuts
- 1 loaf rye bread
- 1 jar sauerkraut, drain the liquid
- 1 bottle Thousand Island dressing
- ¼ cups butter
- ½ pounds Swiss cheese
- Butter one side of the rye bread slices and put them on a baking sheet, with the buttered side down.
- op the bread slices with the Thousand Island dressing and then with a little bit of sauerkraut.
- Place the thin cold cut slices on top of the sauerkraut. Cut the cheese into thin slices and place each on the meat slices.
- Apply the remaining dressing on the remaining slices of bread and place it (dressing side down) on the filled slices.
- Butter the top of the slices and bake them at 350ºF for three to four minutes.
- Serve hot.
Preparation time: 20min
Cooking time: 5min
17. Grilled Turkey And Parmesan Sandwich
When you have leftover turkey after Thanksgiving, season it with some cheese and make a yummy sandwich out of it.
You will need:
- 8 slices of sandwich bread
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese or provolone cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ turkey breast, thinly sliced
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- Butter, unsalted
- Heat skillet on medium flame. Butter one side of four bread slices and put them in the skillet, buttered-side down.
- Place a slice of cheese each on the four bread slices in the pan, and top it with a spoon or two of marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle Parmesan on top of the sauce and add slices of turkey on it. Add another layer of cheese and cover with the remaining bread slices.
- Butter the top bread slice before flipping it.
- Toast each side of the sandwich for a minute or two, or until it turns golden brown.
- Once done, remove off heat. Slice it in half and serve hot.
Preparation time: 10min
Cooking time: 6min
18. Bacon Lettuce Tomato Sandwich
Bacon, lettuce, and tomato (BLT) sandwich is perhaps the most traditional American lunch. Here is how you can make a kid-friendly version of this classic.
You will need:
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tomato slices
- 2 slices bread, toasted
- 1 leaf iceberg lettuce
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Add oil in a large skillet and then the bacon. Cook the bacon slices, flipping them in between, for about ten minutes.
- Remove bacon from heat once both sides of the slices are evenly browned.
- Arrange the cooked bacon, lettuce leaf, and tomato slices on a slice of bread.
- Apply mayonnaise on the other slice and use it to cover the sandwich.
- Cut the sandwich into two triangles and serve.
Preparation time: 5 Min
Cooking time: 10 Min
19. Pickled Tuna Salad Sandwich
When you want to pack a filling lunch for your kid, this pickled tuna sandwich can be a good option. It has egg, tuna, parsley, and cheese to make it tasty and equivalently healthy.
You will need:
- 1 can tuna, 6 oz
- 2tbsp pickle relish, sweet or dill
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1tbsp mayonnaise
- 8 slices white bread
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the tuna, egg, and pickles in a bowl. Mix them gently.
- Add the parsley and mayo to this mix and season it with salt and pepper.
- Spread the mix evenly on four bread slices for four sandwiches.
- Cut them diagonally and serve.
Preparation time: 10min
Cooking time: 0
27. Mexican Quinoa Wraps
Quinoa is jam-packed with protein and a lot of other good nutrients, so it’s perfect for energizing you when that 2:00 pm slump occurs.
The secret ingredient in this recipe is quinoa. If you don’t have quinoa but don’t want to substitute it with cooked rice necessarily, you can swap it out for some cooked chickpeas or even some roasted cauliflower.
Both of these will still taste great when combined with barbeque sauce. It’s a great way to keep this dish healthy without sacrificing any of the flavors.