Content material of the fabric
- How to get set up
- 7. Chrome extension
- 4. Video call basics
- How to join a call
- How much bandwidth you need
- Step 2: Check your Hangouts settings
- Step 5: Review Google Meet system requirements
- Installing the Hangout apps
- Sharing documents and handouts using Google Drive App
- Sharing videos using the YouTube app in Hangouts
- Playing videos
- Viewing the videos in a darkened setting
- What if the video I want to share is not on YouTube?
- Checking the video call settings
- Checking audio settings on a Mac
Easy methods to get arrange
You need to use Hangouts from an Android telephone or iPhone (after downloading the app and signing in with a Google Account). Nonetheless, we advocate that you simply be part of your calls from a pc to have one of the best expertise. If you’re utilizing headphones, please ensure they’ve a microphone constructed into them.
7. Chrome extension
Quite than chatting in a browser tab, would you favor to make use of the extension for Google’s Chrome browser? Simply seize it from this link, set up the extension, and get began by clicking on the small inexperienced speech bubble icon top-right in Chrome.
Click on on New Dialog (the inexperienced ‘+’ icon top-left) and hearth up a chat just by clicking on the identify of the individual you want to discuss to (or discover the individual utilizing the search field). Additionally from the chat window, you can begin a video name by clicking on the small video digital camera icon top-right (the controls for a video chat work simply the identical as in a browser tab session, as above).
From the primary menu, clicking the three vertical bars top-left brings up the choices display screen, which incorporates management of your standing, notifications and so forth.
4. Video name fundamentals
Assuming the meant recipient accepts the decision, you’ll then get to video chat, so chinwag away to your coronary heart’s content material. The primary controls on the backside of the display screen work as follows: the crimson button within the center lets you end the decision, and you’ll mute the microphone with the button on the left, or flip off your digital camera utilizing the button on the correct.
Easy methods to be part of a name
- Discover a quiet place with a very good web connection the place you will not be interrupted or distracted.
- Double verify that you have adopted our recommendation on the way to get arrange as listed above.
- A couple of minutes earlier than your name, click on the inexperienced “Begin Hangout” button in your Mastered homepage.
4. Request to affix the decision. When you’re not signed in with a Google Account on the time, you may be requested so as to add your identify.
5. Your mentor will settle for your request and your name will start.
How a lot bandwidth you want
The bandwidth utilized by Hangouts is adaptive. It varies to offer one of the best expertise for a person delegate’s community.
You may alter and set the bandwidth utilized by Google Hangouts manually. See bandwidth settings page within the Google Assist Centre for detailed directions.
For group video connectivity, Google suggests:
|Minimal bandwidth required||Preferrred bandwidth|
|Outbound from the participant||256 kbps||1 mbps|
|Inbound to the participant with 5 individuals||512 kbps||2mbps|
|Inbound to the participant with 10 individuals||512 kbps||3mbps|
Step 2: Examine your Hangouts settings
- On the high of your video name window, click on Settings .
- Ensure that the proper machine is chosen for every setting (change it utilizing the Down arrow ):
- Digicam : In case your digital camera is working, you’ll see your video on the highest proper.
- Microphone : To check your microphone, communicate out loud and ask if the opposite individual can hear you.
- Audio system : To check your audio system, click on Take a look at.
Step 5: Assessment Google Meet system necessities
Google Meet video calls are out there in basic Hangouts. Google Meet and basic Hangouts have totally different system necessities. Learn more about requirements for Google Meet.
Putting in the Hangout apps
Hangout apps allow you to create and share paperwork and movies throughout a Hangout video name.
Your apps are displayed on the left aspect of your display screen.
We advocate you put in these apps earlier than the course begins:
- Google Drive
To put in and open the apps:
- Click on the Google Drive and YouTube buttons on the left aspect of your display screen.
If these apps aren’t seen:
- Click on … View extra apps.
- Add apps for Google Drive or YouTube.
Extra data: Add or remove an app
Sharing paperwork and handouts utilizing Google Drive App
When you’ve added the Google Drive app to your Hangout video name, you’ll be able to:
- Browse and seek for an present Google Doc, or choose Add so as to add a file that’s saved in your laptop.
- Share that doc with the individuals. When you add a Google Doc that hasn’t been shared with everybody within the video name, you might be prompted to share it with the opposite individuals in order that they will see and edit it. As soon as a doc has been added to the video name, you’ll be able to embrace extra paperwork and recordsdata.
- Click on the crimson Add button on the left aspect of the web page.
Extra data: Google Drive App
Sharing movies utilizing the YouTube app in Hangouts
To observe YouTube movies with others in a video name:
- Open the YouTube app.
Necessary – everybody within the video name must have put in the app.
- Click on on the blue Add movies to playlist button to seek out movies.
To search out movies, you’ll be able to both, seek for a particular video, or copy and paste the URL of a particular YouTube video.
Extra data: YouTube App
Taking part in movies
The primary video added to the playlist begins enjoying robotically. The controls beneath the participant will let you pause, play or skip to the following or earlier video. Anybody within the video name can play, pause, or change a video however doing so impacts what everybody sees.
To scale back any background noise, everyone seems to be muted by default when a video is enjoying.
To speak to others whereas a video is enjoying
To speak to others:
- Press the Push to speak button beneath the video.
- Maintain till you might be completed speaking.
Viewing the movies in a darkened setting
When you’d like to look at your movies in a darkened, cinema-like setting, you should use a browser extension akin to Turn off the lights.
What if the video I wish to share shouldn’t be on YouTube?
If the video you wish to present shouldn’t be on YouTube, you’ll be able to run the video out of your laptop and share your display screen with others in a video name. The video and audio high quality is more likely to be poor, sadly. Alternatively, you’ll be able to ship delegates a hyperlink to the video, to allow them to watch it on their laptop’s browser.
You need to use the Screenshare function in Hangouts to point out your slides to delegates. You may give individuals the flexibility to see what’s in your laptop display screen.
To share your display screen:
- Click on Screenshare on the left aspect of your display screen.
- Within the window that pops up, select your desktop or select the window you wish to current. You probably have a number of home windows open, you might be requested to decide on one to share. Choose that window containing your slides, click on share.
- Click on Share Chosen Window.
You may cease sharing your display screen at any time by clicking Screenshare once more.
Checking the video name settings
- Within the Video Name window, transfer your mouse till you see the management icons on the backside of the display screen.
- Click on Extra Choices, then choose Settings.
- Select particular choices for the digital camera, microphone, and headset or audio system) – not “Default machine.”
- If you’re utilizing a USB headset with microphone, you must see an choice akin to “USB Headset” for microphone and audio system.
- In case your solely choices are “Default machine,” shut out of the Hangout and fully out of the browser (Chrome, Firefox, and so forth), verify that your units are linked correctly, after which restart the browser and re-enter the hangout.
Checking audio settings on a Mac
- Click on the Apple within the higher left of your laptop.
- If you’re already within the name, you will have to maneuver your cursor to the highest space of the display screen to get the Apple to look.
- Click on System Preferences…
- Select Sound.
- On the Enter tab:
- Choose the proper microphone. This instance is utilizing a Logitech USB Headset.
- NOTE: Solely USB microphones will work with a Macintosh laptop. Microphones on earbuds or headsets that hook up with the stereo mini port is not going to work.
- Examine that the Enter quantity is about accurately (it ought to not be all the way in which to the left).
- On the Output tab:
- Choose the proper headset or speaker.
- Shut out of System Preferences and re-enter your video name.