Content of the material
- Your Answer
- Sign up or log in
- Share a Link to a Specific Time in a YouTube Video on Mobile
- 3. Timestamp Comments at a Specific Time by Modifying URL
- How to become a streamer on Twitch, YouTube, etc
- How To Timestamp a YouTube Video NOW?
- Part 2. Share YouTube Video at Specific Time from App
- Creating a YouTube banner image: Dimensions, uploading instructions, and design tips
- Crop the Video
- How to share a YouTube video with a start time (Longer (Geeky) Method)
- Step 3
- Step 4
Sign up or log in Sign up using Google Sign up using Facebook Sign up using Email and Password
Share a Link to a Specific Time in a YouTube Video on Mobile
On the official YouTube mobile app for both iOS and Android devices, you might notice that there's a share button that allows you to copy the video link and share it to social apps, but no Start at check box or field. This feature is only available when you watch a YouTube video from a web browser.
So if you want to link to a specific time in a YouTube video while using your smartphone, you have a couple of options:
- Open the video from your browser app, like Chrome, and change the browser's settings so that it loads YouTube's desktop site rather than its mobile version (choose Desktop site from Chrome's menu). Then, follow the steps as they're listed above to create the time-stamped URL.
- Link to a specific time by manually creating a time stamp.
3. Timestamp Comments at a Specific Time by Modifying URL
- To add comments to a YouTube video, login into your YouTube account and select the video you wish to edit.
- Find the time you want to time stamp the video. An embedded video can also be timestamped.
- Start playing the video and pause at the point you want to timestamp.
- Right click on the video you will see “Copy URL at current time”:
Hours: Minutes: Seconds
- Current timestamp: Video Length- the format should resemble this example. 4:14 (414), in our example (minutes: seconds):
This means your 8-minute video was paused at 2 minutes and fifty-eight seconds.
How do you add the timestamp to the comment?
Add a description in the comment box and comments heading below and add the timestamp as it appears in the video. A link will be served with the video showing from that point.
How to become a streamer on Twitch, YouTube, etc
Whether Twitch or YouTube: Streaming platforms are becoming increasingly popular every year. If you want to become a streamer yourself, you've come to the right place. Read on to find out how to become a Twitch streamer, how live streaming works, and what accessories you need to get started yourself – including hardware and software.
How To Timestamp a YouTube Video NOW?
To create a clickable timestamp inside a Youtube comment or video description:
- Watch the video up until the time you want to link to
- Pause the video and type the time exactly as you see inside the video player
- Publish your comment and the timestamp will become clickable
- Test your timestamp by clicking it (you should be sent directly to the part of the video you paused at when at step 2
Do you have any more tips on sharing a specific part of the video? Please comment below!
Part 2. Share YouTube Video at Specific Time from App
We have learned how to add timestamp to YouTube video with a browser. However, the mobile app of YouTube neither has the “Start at” option when sharing, nor an address bar to capture link from. How can we share YouTube video at a specific time from YouTube app? It is a little troublesome but still possible.
- Step 1. Open YouTube app, and play the video you want to share.
- Step 2. Pause the video at the time you want people to start viewing. Keep the timestamp in mind.
- Step 3. Tap Share button under the video title.
- Step 4. Choose Copy link.
- Step 5. Manually open the app that you want to share the video on.
- Step 6. Paste the URL in the input box, and then add a timestamp to the link as described in Method 3, Part 1.
- Step 7. Confirm to share the YouTube video out.
Note: Please find how to open shared URL link with YouTube app instead of browser in Part 4. When tap Share button, there are many options other than Copy link, such as Message, WhatsApp, Google +. Only some of apps, like Message, allow us to edit URL before sharing the link. That’s why we choose Copy link to demonstrate this method. You may also try other options.
Creating a YouTube banner image: Dimensions, uploading instructions, and design tips
You have to make sure that you use the right dimensions for YouTube banner photos when you make your YouTube banner image. There are standard guidelines for this and we will explain them to you in simple and clear terms in this post. You will also read about what you should keep in mind when dealing with text like your YouTube channel name and what makes for a successful YouTube banner.
Crop the Video
If you are the video owners uploading on your YouTube channel, you can edit the video to play from the point you wish. YouTube has in-built tools for this task. The method is more difficult, however. Instead, you can use youTube’s simple timestamping tools.
How to share a YouTube video with a start time (Longer (Geeky) Method)
Find the URL of the video in the address bar at the top of your browser. This will be different than the sharing URL that you saw above.
Say you want to start the video at 1 minute and 50 seconds into the video, append the following to the end of the URL:
The ‘t’ is basically a time stamp and the part after the equals sign is minutes and seconds, so 1m50s tells YouTube to start the video at 1 minute and 50 seconds.
An example of this would be: