Content material of the fabric
- Article Spotlight
- Considerations for Email Account Removal
- Deleting an Email Account Removes all Emails From the iPhone
- Deleting an Email Account From the iPhone Doesn't Delete the Account
- Deleting an Email Account Doesn't Delete the Emails From the Server
- Deleting Calendars and Other Features of Your Account
- How to Turn Off Notifications Only
- Recent Posts
- Mark All As Read
- Archive instead of delete
- Deleting All Emails on Gmail on a Desktop
- Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
We have been busy at iPhone Life creating new guides and updating our current ones. With all the continuing adjustments to the most recent iPhone working system, we have been updating our guides with recent steps, movies, and screenshots! The Reminders App is a core app for iPhone customers, and the 2022 Information replace is on the market that can assist you staying on prime of your objectives and obligations. This up to date in-depth information is on the market solely to iPhone Life Subscribers later this month.
Concerns for Electronic mail Account Elimination
Earlier than you take away an e mail account, consider the implications.
Deleting an Electronic mail Account Removes all Emails From the iPhone
IMAP, POP, and Trade, in addition to accounts configured with computerized settings (similar to Gmail, Outlook.com, and iCloud Mail), may have all content material wiped from the iPhone—iOS Mail removes all emails and folders listed and created beneath the account. In different phrases, you will not see messages within the Mail app.
Deleting an Electronic mail Account From the iPhone Doesn't Delete the Account
When an e mail account is deleted from an iPhone, the e-mail account and handle stay unchanged. You may nonetheless obtain and ship emails on the net or in different e mail packages arrange to make use of the e-mail account.
Deleting an Electronic mail Account Doesn't Delete the Emails From the Server
For IMAP and Trade accounts, nothing adjustments on the server or in every other e mail program set as much as entry the identical account. iPhone Mail stops accessing the messages and folders, and you might be not in a position to ship e mail from the account utilizing that app. Nothing adjustments for POP accounts both.
With POP, the iPhone could be the solely place the place emails are saved. That is the case if iOS Mail is ready as much as delete emails from the server after downloading them and the messages haven’t been saved anyplace else.
Deleting Calendars and Different Options of Your Account
Deleting an e mail account from an iPhone additionally removes calendars, notes, to-do gadgets, and contacts that use this account. If you would like entry to these options, disable solely the e-mail for that account.
Tips on how to Flip Off Notifications Solely
You may as well disable computerized mail checking or notifications for the account. Then you possibly can obtain and ship messages from the account, however it stays hidden from sight and out of the way in which.
To show off computerized mail checking for an account on an iPhone:
Within the Settings app, scroll down and choose Mail > Accounts.
Faucet Fetch New Knowledge.
Select the e-mail account.
Choose Handbook. To seek out the Handbook possibility on older variations of iOS, faucet Choose Schedule.
- How to Save All Open Images in Photoshop CS5
- How to Fill Column With Same Value in Excel 2010
- How to Save on a Flash Drive in Microsoft Word 2010
- How to Add a Weather Widget on the iPhone 13
- How to Vertically Center Text in Word 2013
Mark All As Learn
For these utilizing Apple’s mail app to watch and management their Gmail account, there are some things you are able to do to do away with the purple blob and fixed reminder that you’ve plenty of emails.
You may mark all as learn utilizing the app:
- Open the Mail app in your cellphone.
- Faucet Edit within the higher right-hand nook.
- Faucet Choose All within the higher left-hand nook.
- On the backside, choose Mark.
- A menu will seem with the “Flag” and Mark as Learn choices – Faucet Mark as Learn.
Though this doesn’t delete your emails, it does take away the purple notification.
Archive as an alternative of delete
As a substitute of deleting emails, you possibly can archive them within the Archive mailbox.
Go to Settings > Mail, then faucet Accounts.
Do one of many following:
In the event you’re utilizing an iCloud e mail account: Faucet iCloud, faucet iCloud once more, scroll to the underside of the listing, then faucet Mail.
In the event you’re utilizing one other e mail account: Faucet your e mail supplier, then faucet your e mail account.
Faucet Superior, then change the vacation spot mailbox for discarded emails to the Archive mailbox.
When this selection is turned on, to delete an e mail as an alternative of archiving it, contact and maintain , then faucet Trash Message.
Deleting All Emails on Gmail on a Desktop
Now, that is the place issues get straightforward. The desktop or net model of Gmail features a very handy means of eradicating all of the undesirable emails very quickly. Let’s check out the way it works.
- Open Gmail in your net browser.
- Go to the folder from which you need to take away all emails.
- Click on on the Choose All checkbox within the prime proper nook of the display screen. You’ll have chosen all of the emails on the web page. To pick all emails within the folder, go to Choose all XXX conversations in Folder.
- Click on the trash can icon to maneuver the chosen emails into the Trash Folder.
In the event you don’t have too many folders, it shouldn’t take lengthy to delete all your Gmail emails one folder at a time. All the pieces you do on the desktop model of Gmail will robotically sync with the app on all of your gadgets, which occurs the subsequent time you open the app when there’s an web connection.
- Your Apple ID e mail won’t all the time be the identical as your iCloud e mail handle, and it could possibly be any e mail that you’ve got used to enroll in your Apple ID. You need to change your Apple ID e mail first, if you wish to take away this e mail handle out of your iMessage app.
Thanks! Useful Not Useful 1
Associated protection from How To Do All the pieces: Tech:
Dave Johnson Freelance Author Dave Johnson is a expertise journalist who writes about client tech and the way the trade is remodeling the speculative world of science fiction into modern-day actual life. Dave grew up in New Jersey earlier than coming into the Air Power to function satellites, educate area operations, and do area launch planning. He then spent eight years as a content material lead on the Home windows crew at Microsoft. As a photographer, Dave has photographed wolves of their pure setting; he is additionally a scuba teacher and co-host of a number of podcasts. Dave is the writer of greater than two dozen books and has contributed to many websites and publications together with CNET, Forbes, PC World, How To Geek, and Insider. Learn extra Learn much less