Content material of the fabric
- Why You’ll Love This Egg Muffin Recipe
- Optional Add-Ins
- How to Poach Eggs
- Can I Make Eggs Benedict in Advance?
- How Long Does Eggnog Last?
- saturated fat
- trans fat
- Using Raw Egg Whites Safely
- Quiche Recipe Ingredients
- Antioxidants and Phytonutrients
- The Texture of a Perfect Quiche
- Recipe Steps
- Keto Egg Muffins Recipe
Why You’ll Love This Egg Muffin Recipe
- Fluffy omelet texture
- Countless customization choices
- Tremendous straightforward to make
- Simply 1.8 grams internet carbs every
- Naturally wholesome, low carb, keto-friendly, and gluten-free
- Nice recipe for meal prep, and for a grab-and-go breakfast, lunch, or snack
- Cheese: You’ll be able to serve them with shredded cheddar, Gruyere cheese, or grated Parmesan cheese on prime.
- Herbs: Any recent herbs you want will work with this dish. Recent thyme, parsley, chives, dill, or basil can be nice on prime for garnish.
- Meat: Attempt including crumbled cooked sausage or finely diced ham.
- Greens: You’ll be able to serve them with cooked mushrooms, garlic, shallots, onions, bell peppers, or different veggies you want.
That is such a easy breakfast and I can’t wait to strive it once more with totally different toppings. Listed here are some less difficult breakfast recipes you would possibly wish to strive.
The best way to Poach Eggs
- Carry a number of inches of water together with vinegar simply to a boil in a big deep frying pan.
- Crack eggs separately and add to boiling water, becoming 4 eggs in pan directly.
- Cook dinner till whites are simply set and yolk remains to be runny, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Switch to paper towel lined plate to empty, repeat with remaining 4 eggs.
Can I Make Eggs Benedict in Advance?
- You’ll be able to poach eggs in as much as 2 days prematurely and reheat in boiling water for about 30 – 60 seconds. The yolk simply could also be a bit extra set this manner.
- I’ve discovered with leftover sauce I can reheat gently within the microwave, the consistency is a bit thicker although.
- English muffins and ham will must be served proper after heating.
How Lengthy Does Eggnog Final?
Eggnog will preserve for a number of days within the fridge, particularly if you happen to've already added liquor (which acts as a preservative). Eggnog additionally tends to get higher with time — it will get thicker and extra silky, and the flavors meld collectively extra uniformly.
saturated fats Heavy cream is excessive in saturated fats and egg has 86% much less saturated fats than heavy cream – heavy cream has 23g of saturated fats per 100 grams and egg has 3.1g of saturated fats.
trans fats Egg has 31.5 occasions much less trans fats than heavy cream – heavy cream has 1.2g of trans fats per 100 grams and egg has 0.04g of trans fats.
ldl cholesterol Egg is excessive in ldl cholesterol and heavy cream has 70% much less ldl cholesterol than egg – heavy cream has 113mg of ldl cholesterol per 100 grams and egg has 372mg of ldl cholesterol.
Utilizing Uncooked Egg Whites Safely
For a conventional eggnog you additionally whip up some egg whites to stiff peaks, after which fold these into the eggnog combination, making it mild and fluffy.
The egg whites aren’t cooked and as of late some individuals keep away from consuming uncooked eggs due to the salmonella threat. If you wish to incorporate overwhelmed egg whites, one approach to get round that is to make use of pasteurized eggs.
I've additionally simply reheated the mixed combination (eggnog base with overwhelmed egg whites combined in), till it reaches 160°F, after which let the combination chill once more. That works too if consuming uncooked eggs is a priority for you.
- Want an egg-free model of eggnog? Attempt coquito! It is the Puerto Rican reply to eggnog, made with condensed milk, coconut, spices, and rum.
Quiche Recipe Elements
This quiche recipe requires:
- Pie Crust – Don’t skimp on taste and texture– make homemade pie crust. My favourite pie crust recipe is simple and you can also make it forward of time and freeze. Considered one of my greatest baking ideas is to all the time have pie dough within the freezer!
- Heavy Cream and Milk – For one of the best tasting quiche, use a mix of entire milk and heavy cream. (Or just use half-and-half.) Utilizing simply heavy cream produces a very thick filling. Entire milk is nice, however a combo of heavy cream and milk is healthier.
- Eggs – Use 4 eggs per 1 cup of milk. Some quiche recipes throw in an additional egg yolk or two, however I don’t discover it mandatory with the ratio of components in my recipe.
- Salt and Pepper – I don’t add salt to the filling if I’m utilizing a salty add-in, corresponding to cheese or ham. Nonetheless, in case you are making a plain quiche I like to recommend each.
Antioxidants and Phytonutrients
carotenoids Carotenoids are micronutrients generally present in vegetation and a few animal merchandise. An instance is beta-carotene, the notable carotenoid which is a well-liked supply of Vitamin A. For particular kinds of carotenoids, egg has extra lutein + zeaxanthin than heavy cream per 100 grams, nonetheless, heavy cream accommodates extra beta-carotene than egg per 100 grams. Egg Heavy Cream lutein + zeaxanthin 503 UG ~ beta-carotene ~ 72 UG
The Texture of a Good Quiche
Quiche is egg pie. However “egg pie” doesn’t sound notably interesting, does it? Let’s discuss concerning the texture of an ideal quiche, the sort I’m instructing you the right way to make. Good quiche is creamy and comfortable with textural distinction from ham, crispy bacon, or sautéed greens. Every forkful is undeniably wealthy, however has a lightweight and delicate mouthfeel. Consider the principle ingredient being milk/cream, not eggs.
Quiche shouldn’t be a frittata with crust. Frittatas are sturdy and strong, whereas quiche is moist and melts in your mouth.
Grease the ramekins with butter and add one tablespoon of heavy cream into the underside of every ramekin. Crack one egg into every ramekin and add your toppings.
Place the ramekins in a baking pan and pour sufficient water into the pan to achieve midway up the ramekins.
Bake them for 15 to half-hour at 350°F or till the eggs are barely set. Begin checking them midway by way of the cooking time, after which each couple of minutes till the whites are set and the yolks are cooked to your liking.
After you’re taking the baking dish out of the oven, use tongs to elevate the ramekins out. Let the eggs cool somewhat earlier than consuming. You’ll be able to eat them as is, or unfold them onto crusty bread or toast with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Keto Egg Muffins Recipe
Discover ways to make egg muffins for a grab-and-go breakfast you possibly can meal prep, with 15 taste variations! You will love this wholesome keto breakfast egg muffin cups recipe.Prep: 10 minutes Cook dinner: 35 minutes
Complete: 45 minutesWriter: Maya Krampf from WholesomeYum.com Servings: 12 (regulate to scale recipe)